Business Valuation & Appraisal Services
What is a Business Valuation?
A business valuation is an independent and unbiased process of determining a supportable opinion of the value of a business, business ownership interest, securities or intangible assets as of a specified date. It is an estimate of the fair market value of a company. This is what someone would pay for your company if they wanted to buy it from you.
What is a Business Appraisal?
A business appraisal, on the other hand, is an estimate of what someone would be willing to pay for your company in the current market. It reflects only what buyers are currently willing to pay for businesses like yours.
By choosing Murphy Business valuation services, you can rest easy in the accuracy and thoroughness of your valuation. Our valuations are performed by professional appraisers who are experts in all aspects of business valuations and business transfers. Our appraisers take part in teleconferences and annual conferences, keeping up to date on key developments in the valuation and appraisal field.
Ready To Get Started?
We're here to help you with your business needs. Contact us today to get started right away!
Request a Consultation
Have a question or just want to learn more? Message us below.
Select an Experienced Valuation Firm
All Murphy company valuations are performed by qualified, professional appraisers experienced in all aspects of business valuation and business transfers. Our valuations are performed in compliance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice of the Appraisal Foundation (USPAP) as well as the Business Appraisal Standards of the Institute of Business Appraisers. Compliance with industry standards ensures that proven peer-reviewed valuation methods are used to develop defendable opinions of value. Through participation in teleconferences and annual valuation conferences, Murphy appraisers stay abreast of developing valuation issues and related court cases.
Why Perform a Company Valuation?
Sooner or later every business owner needs a reliable company valuation for one or more of a variety of reasons:
- Business Sale
- Shareholder Agreement
- Shareholder Disputes
- Estate Planning
- Insurance Claims
- Gift Taxes
- Partnership Buyout
- “C” Corp. to “S” Corp. conversion
- Allocation of Purchase Price
- Valuation Reports
Valuation Products Available
- Broker’s Opinion of Value – A Broker’s Opinion of Value™ (BOV) Report is a small business pricing report. A BOV report can be used by buyers, sellers, and business brokers to determine reasonable selling and/or listing prices for small companies.
- Calculation of Value Report – A Calculation of Value Report presents a calculated value and is compliant with the standards of the Institute of Business Appraisers (IBA) and National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA).
- Business Valuation Report – A formal summary report that is used primarily for non-litigation situations. This restricted-use abbreviated report is typically all that is needed for determining the selling price of a business or assisting in establishing a buy-sell agreement between partners/shareholders.
- Business Appraisal Report – This formal comprehensive report is suitable for litigation support and review by third parties such as the IRS. The report explains in a step-by-step manner what was done and how the value was derived.
Our Other Services
More About Terry:
Buying or Selling a business can be a stressful and often confusing process. As a business broker, I bring years of valuable, personal experience to help you through the process. For my buyers and sellers, I provide professional valuations, confidential listings, automated buyer inquiry systems, and stay in touch throughout the entire process with regular check-ins. By keeping an eye on the goal, the successful transfer of a business, we will work together to make it happen as quickly and smoothly as possible.
– Terry J. Watts